Wireless Theromstat Installation Help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm not a spark, just a DIYer.

Although i dont own a tester my dad has one which i use but its not available at the moment.

Anyway back to the original question. If you look at the 4 diags for the relay it shows a connection between an L and A which looks like it is inside the relay.

Would you agree?

sorry, i didnt make that very clear. I said I'm the spark as in i will be doing the electrical work as i have done with the rest of the electrical install (a 2 bed flat). I didnt mean i was and qualified electrician.

Before anyone asks, all the electrical work iv done as been tested and signed off. I'm not a total newb. :)

sorry, i didnt make that very clear. I said I'm the spark as in i will be doing the electrical work as i have done with the rest of the electrical install (a 2 bed flat). I didnt mean i was and qualified electrician.

Misunderstandings happen. Be so kind to satisfy me that I am not facillitating an illegal boiler install, by posting make and model of the boiler, flow and return temperature of the ch, and the burner pressure as stated on the benchmark sheet.

make: Vaillant
model: EcoTEC Plus 824
flow temp: 75oC
return temp: 55oC
burner pressure: N/A box ticked

The plumbers gas safe number checked out to.

here is how to connect the bdr91

boiler....................bdr91

5...........................N

3...........................L

4..........................B

link L and A in the relay box.

I have done the above and have connected terminal 3 on the boiler to the L next to the N and the A in the relay is linked to the L next to it as shown in the diag.

The relay appears to be doing what it should with the green led going on and off but the boiler doesnt fire.

Is there anything that needs setting on the boiler?

your making a meal of this ;) have you connected 4 in the boiler to B in the relay.

Its all working as it should now.

I've just got to get the settings right on the thermo and everything should be fine. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back