Wiring 12v Switch to LED Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have placed an order for some dual colour LEDS
[/url]http://www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk/1m-dual-colour-led-strip-lights-60-led-m-5050-5-x-5mm-14-4-watts-m-1020-lumens.html[/url]

I would like to wire them up as two different circuits, I have switches to control the two sets of strips independently, how would I wire the switches up? I am guessing I would wire them after the controller. Normally they would be wired like this.

Sponsored Links
Are you using a driver/transformer to use them on 240V? If so, you'll probably want to have a master switch 240V to completely turn off the whole.

Do you want a controller to change the colours?

If you want to just have one colour-changeable then power goes to controller for the changing set and bypasses the controller for the second. Here switches go before or after the controller (before probably being the better option). If you want both sets to respond to the controller then two switches after the controller are needed.

Thanks for the reply, a transformer is being used to convert to 12V .

The LEDs are dual coloured warm/cool white.

The second picture shows how i intend to set them up, i would prefer to have the switches after the controller. There are clearer pics of the controller on the link above.

How would i wire the switches?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back