Wiring 2 way switch help

Sponsored Links
Looking at the picture the right hand section from the back of the switch operates the hall light and the other is the landing

Sponsored Links
Looking at the picture the right hand section from the back of the switch operates the hall light ...
As PBoD asked, does that hall light have 2-wat switching (i.e. are there two switches wihich operate it) and, if so, are both switches working as expected?

Kind Regards, John

Remove the cable in L2 right hand gang, and does it make a difference? Remember we are dealing with live conductors so do not work on it live or leave open ended conductors uninsulated.

yes there is another switch on the landing..but i haven't touched that one yet
If that switch is meant to control the hall light, you need to check whether it is working correctly - i.e. whether it can switch the light on when the new switch has switched it off, and vice versa.

Kind Regards, John

ok..i removed the red cable from the right hand side L2 ( from the back ) and the hall light still switches on and off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back