Wiring a 2 gang/1way switch for 2 lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please images below.

The current set up is one gang switch/1 way for 2 lights.

How do I wire the 2 gang for 1 way for 2 lights?

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 274
Sponsored Links
If you mean a separate switch for each light - you can't.

You would need another cable from the switch to one of the lights.

Unless, the switch is wired with 'com' connection is 2x SL to two lights and L1 is supply live and possibly end of line.

DS

Sponsored Links
Unless the switch is wired with common connection to two lights and L2 is supply live…..

DS
I think that is very unlikey as it looks like the live and neutrals are looped at the switch.
It is possible.

As to how likely it is, I can't say.

But I can say that it would look just like it does if it were wired as DS suggests - the presence of 3 Ns in a connector block does not guarantee that the loop carries on.

I thought when I saw just one wire for the L1 that it was for both lights and I would need another from the other light in order to make it work

There is the possibility that it is wired as DS and Ban point out but it is unlikely.

If the permanent live is in L1 then they are right.
If the permanent live is in Com then - no.

It is unlikely.

Sharif:

1) It's not rocket science to find out, particularly if you've got the tools you should have.

2) If you have to run another cable to the switch, will you be able to do so?​

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back