Wiring a 2kW electric fire

...however, I'm sure someone's going to add that if the 13A fuse blows then the 32A ring main protection fuse/MCB will also blow! This would of course, be if the fault causing the 13A fuse to blow was a result of a short circuit, or other overcurrent fault, rather than simply overheating.

Sponsored Links
The Jeep said:
...however, I'm sure someone's going to add that if the 13A fuse blows then the 32A ring main protection fuse/MCB will also blow! This would of course, be if the fault causing the 13A fuse to blow was a result of a short circuit, or other overcurrent fault, rather than simply overheating.

?????? Short circuit possibly going by the amount of power to blow a 13A fuse vs the amount of power to trip a 32A MCB I suppose. His problem is if he does as you say he is spurring from a spur and hence if in the future he replaces his lights with something else there is the possibility of overloading the spur. Placing the 13A FSU first eliminates this risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back