wiring a bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a bathroom extractor fan that needs wiring up i'm aware that by law i'm not allowed to do this work myself so i'm going to get a proper electrician to do the work, the fan unit is fitted and the isolator switch is in position it only needs the wiring connected, i've never had any electrical work done before so i was just wonder roughly how much should i expect to pay to have this done, i just need some idea so that i don't pay over the odds :D

Sponsored Links
thanks for that very helpfull

i wasn't asking for an exact price and i know it's difficult without seeing the job i just thought someone might have been able to give me a rough idea, never mind i'll try ringing a few people.

Sponsored Links
Yes, wasnt trying to be unhelpful but there are way too many "what ifs".

Your profile doesnt say where in the UK you are. I am assuming you are in England or Wales and so this falls under Building Regs Part P as it is electrical work in a bathroom.

You therefore need to get quotes from registered sparks who will do the legal notification stuff.

Use one who is listed here:
www.competentperson.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back