wiring a control new valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to replace a sunvic SM5203 2 way valve with a honeywell v4043H motorised zone valve. The colouring of the sunvic wires and honeywell wires don't match: sunvic had: earth, blue, orange, yellow, and white. honeywell has: earth, blue, orange, buff, grey.

Are the wires equivilent with buff = yellow and grey = white? and also, when removing the wall plate the orange wire must have come loose, and there is no obvious gap that it came from.

Any help appreciated, I have the wiring diagram but it bares no resemblance to wires coming out of the wall (happy to post sketch of this if helps) - no emergency as the valve has an overide open position, so I have heating and hot water, but I'd like to get it all nicely working.

If it helps, there is only one valve, so either when the valve is closed the hot water rises from the boiler and goes round the cylinder and back to the boiler, or when the valve is open it goes round the cylinder and the radiators. Oddly, and on a slight tangent, I don't know why the cylinder thermostat is therefore wired in, as it would seem that if the cylinder's tap water is hot enough it turns off the pump, and I can't have any central heating?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
The sunvic SM5203 is a MOMO valve it reqs power to both open and close it
your honeywell valve only reqs power to open it as it is spring return
you can fit the honeywell one though
however it is hard to envisage what type of system you have from your description (are you sure you do not have another valve) Alltough it may be an incorrectly wired w-plan if the cyl stat is turning the pump off, is the valve feeding the cylinder or the radiators?
some photos would be useful

the leads on the valves are
sunvic
blue= neutral
yellow =live to open
white = live to close
orange = switched live from valve when valve is open

honeywell
brown =live to open
blue =neutral
orange and grey =internal microswitch

Matt

thanks,

so I will need to connect earth to earth (ashes to ashes),
blue to blue
presumably the brown must go to a (red) live coming up from the control panel.

but, when you say internal microswitch for orange and grey, these wires come out of the flex - what should they connect to?

also I don't really have brown like in other circuits, this is a very light skin tone colour, rather than brown?

many many thanks

thanks,

I've taken some photos which I will post up when I get to work.

There is certainly only one control valve - it is after the cylinder so only opens/closes the CH circuit. We have never been able to set controls to have CH without hot water (so in winter tend to just have hot water set to off and the CH fires up regularly enough to keep the cylinder topped up. - this does lead to not having hot water when spring comes and we dont use the heating though!). perhaps when I've wired the valve in correctly the pump will be turned on from either the cylinder thermostat or the CH thermostat (although if all the doors and windows are open on a cold day, the cylinder could overheat?).

Sponsored Links
actually please dont spend time answering this for now - the boilers just been condemned!! hopefully will just have to replace the flue though, see new thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back