Wiring a Drayton +2RF room stat to a Ariston Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a Ariston MicroGENUS 28 MFFI and I am trying to install a Drayton +2RF wireless programmable room stat.

I have managed to wire the SCR (single channel receiver) with the black wire going to No1 and the White going to number 3.

But what do I do at the boiler end?

Ariston said I can put the wires in anyway round as long as they are not supplying any voltage, as the boiler takes low voltage, volt free connections. I am not sure. So from the picture below what do I remove and put where?

Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
Hi
Remove the brown link as shown in the photo and connect the wires from 1 & 3 in the reciever.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Right,

I removed the brown loop wire and placed the wires from the receiver in there. But the boiler wont fire from the Reciever, it is still working on the mechanical timer.

Am I supposed to remove the 2 black wires on the right hand side of the terminal block which are connect to the PCB?

Also am I putting the receiver wires into the correct side of the terminal block?

Thanks

Martin

Martin
You need to remove the mechanical timer and all wires from it to the pcb. The RF2 is a programmable room stat and will enable you to control the times on/off of your heating and also the room temperature. Make sure that you follow the instructions to the letter when comissioning the unit.
Steve

Just had a thought, do you mean the circular in built timer? If so do not unwire it, simply move the slider switch on the timer to 1 i.e permanently on, this will alow the RF2 to take over.
Steve

Ok thanks Steve. I'll give that a go.

So I have put the wires in the correct place. I just need to remove the mechanical timer.

Ah yes, Steve you're a legend. It works!

Though I wish I had read your second reply before I took the boiler apart again. LOL.

Thanks.

I've got to work out how to use this programmer now.

Hi Steve,

I am still having problems with the stat. All the wiring must be fine as it works and fires the boiler up, BUT it only works if the programmer is less than a foot away from the receiver. If you start to walk away it looses the signal.

I have followed the instructions and put the receiver more than 30cm away from the boiler but it still doesn't work unless I am really close, which is pointless as the boiler is installed in the kitchen and I want the stat to be in the hallway.

Do you think the stat or the SCR could be faulty?

Thanks

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back