Wiring a heater into new car, help??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heater (engine part) to go into my new (second hand) Berlingo. I am trying to get the wiring through from the cabin to the engine compartment, but its as tight as ducks!
It seems like I need to remove most of my car interior to gain any access to bodywork.
was going to add the relay under the bonnet to reduce need for heavy wire through any holes I may make.

How do the pro's do it??

Sponsored Links
You only need one small control wire through from the bonnet to where you are putting the switch etc. Are there any rubber plugs/grommets where the wiring goes through at the moment where you can sneek another wire through?
I like to keep the wires with the loom where possible, taping it in where necessary to keep it neat.
Once you have the wire through it is a case of finding a 12v supply in the dash for the other side of the switch. You'll also need to make sure it is fused correctly.
On the engine side, connect the wire to one side of the relay coil and the other to side of the coil to the chassis. When you operate the switch, you should hear the relay click in.

You only need one small control wire through from the bonnet to where you are putting the switch etc. Are there any rubber plugs/grommets where the wiring goes through at the moment where you can sneek another wire through?
I like to keep the wires with the loom where possible, taping it in where necessary to keep it neat.
Once you have the wire through it is a case of finding a 12v supply in the dash for the other side of the switch. You'll also need to make sure it is fused correctly.
On the engine side, connect the wire to one side of the relay coil and the other to side of the coil to the chassis. When you operate the switch, you should hear the relay click in.

Can you buy an inline 12v fuse holder/fuse for the relay power, as it would be easier. the wiring looms are TIGHT!

Sponsored Links
Back