Wiring a Honeywell CM67RF room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've bought a Honeywell CM67RF thermostat which I wish to connect to my system. I have an Ideal FF240 system boiler, a Drayton LP241 programmer wired via a connection unit (biflo system) with a mid position valve.

I was hoping that this would be a nice simple wiring job but the instructions supplied with the room stat have left me confused. Basically they give me the option of wiring it to:
a) burner (direct control)
b) combi boiler
c) zone valve
d) cooling device - I know I can exclude this one!

but with my system which one should I choose?

At the other end, the connection box has terminals CALL and COM marked for the room stat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Follow the instructions for the Live Nuetral Earth connections on the RF reciever, run from terminal 4 on the programmer into the common terminal A and the call for heat terminal B goes to the wire on the motorised valve which terminal 4 used to go to, most likely be the white wire on the motorised valve. Leave the CH on constant on the programmer and control the heating with the CM67.

Thanks for the help Pedantic, but just to make sure I've understood this all, I've detailed my connection box labelling and wiring below (I hope this makes some kind of sense!):

Room Stat:
1 empty - nc
2 Call
3 Com

Mid Pos Valve:
4 to valve (white)
5 empty - nc
6 to valve (orange)
7 to valve (grey)

Programmer:
8 HW off - to LP241 control (red)
9 Heating on - to LP241 control (earth)
10 HW on - to LP241 control (black)
11 Live - to supply (live) and LP241 power (red)

Boiler:
12 Live - to Boiler (live)

Pump:
13 L - nc

Cylinder Stat:
14 Call - to Cylinder Stat (brown)
15 Com - to Cylinder Stat (black)
16 Sat - to Cylinder Stat (earth)

In addition there are the following links:
2-3, 2-4, 3-9, 6-12, 7-8, 8-16, 10-15, 12-13, 13-14

So, if I were to disconnect the link between terminals 2 and 3 and then wire in the CM67 common A to terminal 3, and CM67 terminal B to terminal 2. Would that be correct? Should the common line be connected to the Heating ON terminal?

Sorry to be such a dunce about this! :confused:
Many thanks again. Keefa.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back