Wiring a new room thermostat, salus rt300rf, help

I recieved the replacement stat, got an engineer around and still have the same problem, the first call for heat is fine.....but on the second call i get nothing.

I called ravenheat but they will not speak to me or my engineer unless i am corgi registered....my engineer was gobsmacked, he is not corgi as he is an electrical engineer but works for a company that is, he has had problems with stats before and has never had these problems.

Regarding the last post....if i have the boiler on AUTO will the stat still work...or do i have to have the timeclock on ON all the time. It says nothing in the manual about it, but this is something we did not try.

Sponsored Links
oh boy oh boy...i kind of threw the stat in the draw...lol...now the wife wants it installed.... i have tried again.

heres the funny thing....it calls for heat the first time....it then calls for the heat to stop when the room is warm enough and the boiler does its job. but when the room the cools down and the stat askes for heat again nothing happens.

All the dials on the boiler are on full, the selector is on both lights on the reciever are on. but nothing. Have i missed removing a wire, is there something i havent done.

This is the new stat i was sent by the manufactorer.

Is there an easy fix or would i be better of with a wired stat and how easy are they to install

Please PLEASE help me out.... Many Many thanks Jason

hold the fort....i have just scratched my head and wrote to you guys now...about 45 mins have passed.

the stat is set to. 25oC and thats when the boiler turned off when there room got there.

I then took the stat to the coldest room and the temp dropped to 23.5oC.
It didnt fire up.

In that 45 mins that room has dropped to 22.oC and the boiler just fired up. it has just turned off again. the stat temp is still 22.oC and calling for heat...but the boiler is off

Does this help you any...there is 2 temperature controls on the boiler
1 for water
1 for the rads

the one on the rads has a temp range of 45 - 74. how should i set this.

And if can also ask if i set the rads control to its highest setting the bar pressure rises.

Sponsored Links
hi jm
lets start afresh since this is an old post

on the salus receiver
the factory fitted link wire should be removed
you should have a permanent live and nuetral connected to L and N
and you should have another pair of cable cores,
(we will call these the link pair from now on)
one connected to com and the other connected to NO
make sure the internal switch is set to on

at the boiler
you will have allready live and neutral connected
the link pair replace the link fitted on the roomstat/time clock terminal block
exactly the way the link is fitted

ie if the link is fitted on the outer two terminals then that is where the link pair will connect to it doesnt matter which way around

regards
Matt

hi jm
lets start afresh since this is an old post

on the salus receiver
the factory fitted link wire should be removed
you should have a permanent live and nuetral connected to L and N
and you should have another pair of cable cores,
(we will call these the link pair from now on)
one connected to com and the other connected to NO
make sure the internal switch is set to on

at the boiler
you will have allready live and neutral connected
the link pair replace the link fitted on the roomstat/time clock terminal block
exactly the way the link is fitted

ie if the link is fitted on the outer two terminals then that is where the link pair will connect to it doesnt matter which way around

regards
Matt

Hi mattie,
many thanks for your reply.

The stat seems to be working now. It is wired as described by you.
I think it may have been my impatients, i didnt wait for it to work.

however these are now my concerns.

I have the rf stat set at 25.oC it its telling me the room is 20.5.oC and calling for heat... i can see that the reciever is recieving this information as the green led is lit. if the rf stat drops below 20.5.oC the boiler lights up as soon as it reaches 20.5.oC the boiler goes off. As i said earlier i have the temp control on the boiler set at about 70 and the rads are hot, is the boiler turning its self of because of the way i have set the control.
Also i can hear the pump running continuously, something that didnt happen before the stat was installed.

Is this usual.

also i am a little concerned about the rise in pressure when the boiler is heating....is this usual.

I emptied the system a few weeks ago to replace a rad, and pressured the system to 1 bar. within an hour it had raised (by its self) to 2 bar so i bled it again but it still raised, so i bled it again with the same result...so i left it at 2 bar. But i have noticed today that when the boiler is heating it can raise as far as 3.5 and then drops as the boiler stops heating.

If you need any more info just ask...and thanks for your help. ;)

Hi jm don't really know theses boilers but shifting through the M.I's

The boiler is fitted with an anti-cycling device on the control board. which delays the boiler from re-firing over a 10 minute period
If the heating temperature goes 20°C below the set point, (boiler stat not room stat set point) the burner restarts immediately.
The domestic hot water will always take priority and is unaffected by the
anti-cycling device.
So yes you probs didn't wait long enough

I have the rf stat set at 25.oC it its telling me the room is 20.5.oC and calling for heat... i can see that the reciever is recieving this information as the green led is lit. if the rf stat drops below 20.5.oC the boiler lights up as soon as it reaches 20.5.oC the boiler goes off. As i said earlier i have the temp control on the boiler set at about 70 and the rads are hot, is the boiler turning its self of because of the way i have set the control.
Also i can hear the pump running continuously, something that didnt happen before the stat was installed.

Is this usual.
from the M.I's
2.3.6 When the internal C.H. temperature sensor intervenes the burner shuts down. The fan stops but the pump continues to operate.

so I would say yes it's usual (see how it operates with the boiler stat set higher)
also i am a little concerned about the rise in pressure when the boiler is heating....is this usual.

I emptied the system a few weeks ago to replace a rad, and pressured the system to 1 bar. within an hour it had raised (by its self) to 2 bar so i bled it again but it still raised, so i bled it again with the same result...so i left it at 2 bar. But i have noticed today that when the boiler is heating it can raise as far as 3.5 and then drops as the boiler stops heating.
no this is not usual it should not be rising to 3.5 bar and should be dumping excess pressure out of the PRV over 3 bar anyway
but before going into expansion vessels
check the pressure when cold,it should be between 1 bar min and 1.5 max
2 bar (cold)is too high and you will need to drain some off

matt

Hi jm don't really know theses boilers but shifting through the M.I's

The boiler is fitted with an anti-cycling device on the control board. which delays the boiler from re-firing over a 10 minute period
If the heating temperature goes 20°C below the set point, (boiler stat not room stat set point) the burner restarts immediately.
The domestic hot water will always take priority and is unaffected by the
anti-cycling device.
So yes you probs didn't wait long enough
Matt your a star...many many thanks....

i will check to cold pressure when its a bit warmer...thanks again.

Is this usual.
from the M.I's
2.3.6 When the internal C.H. temperature sensor intervenes the burner shuts down. The fan stops but the pump continues to operate.

so I would say yes it's usual (see how it operates with the boiler stat set higher)

no this is not usual it should not be rising to 3.5 bar and should be dumping excess pressure out of the PRV over 3 bar anyway
but before going into expansion vessels
check the pressure when cold,it should be between 1 bar min and 1.5 max
2 bar (cold)is too high and you will need to drain some off

matt

OK guys ....thanks matt maybe you can help me some more on this....its all working now.....but .....this boiler turning on and off......the house is cold because of it.....the boiler heat setting is full...the house is 17.5oC the rf stat is calling for heat but after so long the boiler turns off...its still cold in here.....is there another way ...ie a normal room stat...where the boiler stays on.....

My problem is the boiler is under the stairs and its a pain to get to....and i need the boiler to fire up longer to get the house warmer.....any ideas...PLEASE>>>>>

Many thanks.....Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back