Replace Honeywell T6360B with Salus RT300RF

I agree that the existing cable is not suitable.

The cable you suggest will be OK. Make sure it is not buried under any insulation in the loft.

Sponsored Links
I want to remove a Honeywell RF cm927 thermostat and replace with a Salus RT300RF. The 927 is wired red & black to 1, blue to 2, and white to 5, in the junction box.. The Salus has the conctions NO. COM.. L.. and N.. the last two, red and blue to 1 and 2 in the junction box, that leaves black and white they must go to NO and COM but which to where, please, many thanks Roger..
PS I realise that this is an old thread but it's so close to my connection problems, and I can see it almost arnswer my question

yes they go to NO and Com doesnt matter which way round it is simply a switch, never rely on the colour of wires in a heating system the colour means nothing

Thanks Ian, that's what I thought, and I get what you mean about the wire colours, thanks again Roger

Sponsored Links
I want to remove a Salus RT300RF. thermostat and replace with a ESi esrtp4rf . The Salus is wired red & black to 1, blue to 2, and white to 5, in the junction box. And works ok.. The esrtp4rf has the conctions N.L. COM.. N/O and N/C now the cable has only 4 wires do I need 5 and if so what goes where in the junction box, Red to L. Blue to N. does it just act as a simple switch so a live to COM. And a connection between N/O and the white wire in the 3 way diverter valve, so no five wire cable required, many thanks Roger..

Hi rogercl37@

For future reference you should have started your own new thread. Probably no one has replied so far because your question is buried at the end of someone else's and unlikely to be seen without scrolling through all of the previous posts. On the other hand, new threads show up in "unanswered threads" and are readily visible.

Also, adding your question to someone else's thread is called 'hijacking' and is against the forum rules

However, as you are a relative newbie, and probably not aware; here is the information you require.

The Salus wiring is:

Salus.JPG

and the ESI is:

ESRTP4RF.JPG

So it is simply a matter of moving all of the wires from the Salus terminals, to the terminals of the ESI that have exactly the same function. You can ignore the N/C connection of the ESI, you don't need it. Then you are left with:

Salus NO = ESI N/O
Salus COM = ESI COM
Salus N = ESI Neutral
Salus L = ESI Live

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back