Replacing Honeywell 16360B with Salus RT300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
just received the Salus RT300 to replace the aging honeywell T6360B. Thought the wiring was goign to be simple.

The Honeywell appears to be wired:

Earth - Green / yellow
Blue - 2
Red - 3
Yellow 1

How does this correspond to the Salus wiring? Not sure why the current red wire is on #3 as I thought LIVE was #1.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks
Alan

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You are right.

1= Live in
2= Neutral in
3= Switched Live

normally, the red wire would be used for the Live in.

So either, the original installer used the yellow as the live and the red as the switched live, or someone has swapped the thermostat previously at sometime and got the wiring wrong when they replaced it. The Honeywell would work with the Live and and Switched Live transposed, but the 'anticipator' heater wouldn't work properly so the switching accuracy would be reduced.

The Salus ET300 doesn't have an anticipator because it uses more advanced technology, so it doesn't need a neutral connection. There are only 'live' and 'switched live' connections. These are just an electrical switch and can be wired either way around. The neutral wire should be insulated and tucked out of the way.

Thanks Stem for your reply,
think I might have to go up into loft to check where this yellow wire comes from !

With regards to the connections on the SALUS: would they be as follows:

1. NO (Normally open)
2. COM
3. L - RED wire assuming this is the mains live
4. Neutral

Where would the other wires connect?

Thanks for your help
Alan

With regards to the connections on the SALUS: would they be as follows:

1. NO (Normally open)
2. COM
3. L - RED wire assuming this is the mains live
4. Neutral

This sounds more like a RT300RF which has a separate thermostat and receiver. Your original post said RT300 without the RF [Radio Frequency] If it is the RF version, the wires should be connected as below, but now you do have to find out if the yellow or the red wire are actually the live supply.

Live wire goes to Salus L and is also linked to Salus COM
Neutral wire goes to Salus Neutral
Switched live goes to Salus NO (Normally open)

I would also recommend that you change the operating frequency from the factory set value. These units are popular now, and I have come across two instances of where a Salus thermostat was also switching the heating in a neighbouring property.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back