Wiring Salus RT300 RF thermostat for Potterton Suprima HE

Nowhere obvious you can borrow a permanent live from, so the 300 rf wouldn't work.

The 500 rf programmable one would though.

You could do what you suggested earlier doitall and make terminal 5 perm live by rearranging the wiring in the programmer

That or setting the ch to constant on

Matt

Wouldn't work with the 300rf stat as gaswizzard said

Ah gotchca the 300 isn't programmable!

Sponsored Links
ok well I dont know about you lot but it looks to me as though there is an unused core in the boiler flex
so there may be a way to take a permanent live to the wiring centre after all
depending on where that flex is heading, but i think you can see the other end in the flex above the number one terminal on doitalls photo

Matt

ok well I dont know about you lot but it looks to me as though there is an unused core in the boiler flex
so there may be a way to take a permanent live to the wiring centre after all
depending on where that flex is heading, but i think you can see the other end in the flex above the number one terminal on doitalls photo

Matt

Good spot. looks like an unused white going back to the boiler :cool:

Sponsored Links
I've looked through everything you have all been kind enough to provide and explain and I've decided it's too difficult for me to do correctly. I'm v sorry if I've wasted your time.

Best wishes,

Chris

Paint shop pro 7

I've looked through everything you have all been kind enough to provide and explain and I've decided it's too difficult for me to do correctly. I'm v sorry if I've wasted your time.

Best wishes,

Chris

Paint shop pro 7

No Problem Chris, know your limits as the say.

If you get a spark, there's an unused white in the boiler and wiring center that can be the permanent live to the stat. :cool: Look closely and you can see where it's been snipped off.

In fact, I've gone ahead with trying it and got it working fine, but at the moment with mains L and N from a cable and plug into a 13amp wall socket. The thermostat controls seem to work fine, and I see that all I need to do now is find that elusive Permament Live. I've tried looking into that white wire at the boiler end (the one you pointed out) but it doesn't seem to appear at the other end - there are fewer wires in cable marked 'Boiler' (the one you point out above Terminal 1) than there are at the boiler end, and the colours aren't the same (there is an unused pale Yellow, but no White; and no Brown). But if I switch the timer/programmer next to the boiler to Off (for both hot water and heating) then I still get 240v at Terminal 7 in my photo of the wiring centre (which has a black wire and a red wire into it). Does that mean it's a PL and I could use that and one of the neutral terminals for the Salus Receiver power?

Thanks very much.

Chris

Paint shop pro 7
[/quote]

No Problem Chris, know your limits as the say.

If you get a spark, there's an unused white in the boiler and wiring center that can be the permanent live to the stat. :cool: Look closely and you can see where it's been snipped off.[/quote]

If you look at the top cable on the right you can see what looks like the end sticking up

Ps it will be the same colour as the boiler end

Well I hoped it would be but it's pale yellow, and the multi-flex cable at the boiler end has (apart from the brown, blue, green/yellow, red and black that are in use) two white cables. And a very thin black one. And no brown. So I wonder if I'm looking at the right cable at the boiler end? It's my photo in the album called Suprima wiring. What to do?

If you look at the top cable on the right you can see what looks like the end sticking up

Ps it will be the same colour as the boiler end

What is that next to the red and brown in the last pic

I see what you maen there's no brown in the wiring center end.

Can you trace that cable.

Please take a look at the other photo of the boiler-end wiring - I've put it last in my album. Does this help? Id this 'the last pic' you refer to?

What is that next to the red and brown in the last pic

I see what you maen there's no brown in the wiring center end.

Can you trace that cable.

In the boiler pic there what looks like a wire sticking up.

That cable can you trace it and also the one in the cupoard as they are not the same and should be so there's probably another connection box somewhere.

Will have a go...

quote="doitall";p="2633882"]In the boiler pic there what looks like a wire sticking up.

That cable can you trace it and also the one in the cupoard as they are not the same and should be so there's probably another connection box somewhere.[/quote]

But if I switch the timer/programmer next to the boiler to Off (for both hot water and heating) then I still get 240v at Terminal 7 in my photo of the wiring centre (which has a black wire and a red wire into it). Does that mean it's a PL and I could use that and one of the neutral terminals for the Salus Receiver power?

No it's not a P/live, it is only live when hw is "off"
you could utilise it if you want to forgo the ability to select ch only

but I would trace the flexes first

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back