Wiring Salus RT300 RF thermostat for Potterton Suprima HE

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
View media item 54896
hi chris ok you need to disconnect your original room stat (the red and yellow cables you have marked) I am guessing that the red and blue marked L and N are permanent live and neutral (you will need to confirm this)

the salus needs L and N then link L and com in the salus reciever and then NO in the salus to the connection I have marked with a black square in the wiring centre.

The red/yel/orange the OP has marked as live (# 10 terminal) would be switched live to boiler via cylstat/MV (not permanent live) , can't see a PL within the wireing centre.

That was me wot put the L , I really should wear my glasses when doing this, your absolutely right I can see its the orange from the 3 port now, looks like the OP will need to find a permanent live from else where. in my own defense I did put question marks next to the L and N lines.

The red in 6 looks like the live from 4, in the programmer.

Looks like there an extra wire for something otherwise you may be able to use that.

If it were me I would use a honeywell wireless CMxxx programmable stat and use terminal 6 as a live supply for reciever (green paint) and leave the programmer on constant heating (i'm lazy like that :D )

The red in 6 looks like the live from 4, in the programmer.

Looks like there an extra wire for something otherwise you may be able to use that.

No extra core DIA , only two cores into terminal 6 , it looks like 3 cores as the live to room stat has been fed from bottom of terminal and runs up behind the terminal strip

I would move the wire in 4 (prog) to L, subject too what the extra wire in 6 is for.

I would move the wire in 4 (prog) to L, subject too what the extra wire in 6 is for.

Only two wires (cores) into terminal 4 , again terminal 3 from programmer has been looped behind strip to feed cyl stat common.

Rough ole wiring centre :rolleyes: , a little sleeving wouldn't of gone amiss on those blue cores , at least the earths are good. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back