Salus RT300 RF wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i'm in need of some wiring advice. I'm trying to wire up the receiver for the Salus RT300 wireless thermostat. I'm wiring up to a Saunier Duval F30 combi boiler.

The Saunier duval has two options, 1 for a volt free thermostat, the other for a 230ac connection.

The Salus says it can be wired as a 230 or volt free. But it says it needs a permanent 230v ac connection, so i'm a little confused. If a 230ac connection is permanently needed, how do i then connect this to the saunier duvals volt free connection without passing 230 volts through it, blowing the PCB?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I've wired up a couple of volt free thermostats before, but never a wireless gadget like this so dont want to take any chances.

many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The permanent 230V for the reciver needs to be taken either where the mains cable joins the connection block in the boiler's electrics or from another source, poss the fused spur for boiler.

Then just remove the link from the volt free connection and connect the 2 switching wires to these 2 connections. The other ends of these 2 wires go to the switching connections in the receiver.

To confirm

Receiver L & N to permanent L & N in boilers mains supply from fused spur or connected into the fused spur itself

NO and COM connected to the 2 volt free terminals in boiler's electrics - and remove the wire link from these.

The installation instructions aren't exactly crystal clear IMO but I'm as sure as I can be that terminals 1 & 2 are just a volt free relay switch and neither are connected internally to the 230V supply terminals. (A multimeter would be useful to make absolutely certain)

So I'd say whether you are switching with 230 or 24V you have to supply the relevant fixed voltage to terminal 2 yourself.

The permanent 230V for the reciver needs to be taken either where the mains cable joins the connection block in the boiler's electrics or from another source, poss the fused spur for boiler.

Then just remove the link from the volt free connection and connect the 2 switching wires to these 2 connections. The other ends of these 2 wires go to the switching connections in the receiver.

To confirm

Receiver L & N to permanent L & N in boilers mains supply from fused spur or connected into the fused spur itself

NO and COM connected to the 2 volt free terminals in boiler's electrics - and remove the wire link from these.

Thanks for the advice. Just one more question, could I run the 230v connection to the receiver from a 3 pin plugged connection, as I have a couple of double sockets near the boiler?

Sponsored Links

To confirm

Thanks for the advice. Just one more question, could I run the 230v connection to the receiver from a 3 pin plugged connection, as I have a couple of double sockets near the boiler?

Yes, as long as you put a fuse in plug according to Salus spec - probably 3 amp.

The volt free connections should be on the left side of the rear of the boiler's control/wiring box when you hinge it down. Don't apply any voltage to these. Wire link between the 2 terminals - to be removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back