Wiring Salus RT300 RF thermostat for Potterton Suprima HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very grateful if anyone there could spare a moment to help me with this. I want to install a Salus RT300 RF unit with my Potterton Suprima HE boiler, instead of the existing room thermostat on the wall in the hall. I have read the posts and looked at the Salus and Potterton instructions and I can see that the installation is fairly simple - but also potentially £££expensive if I make a mistake! Here are pictures of the relevant bits (Potterton wiring block, Salus Receiver, Salus Diagram, and existing Honeywell Room thermostat, with red wire and yellow wire). could someone please tell me what to connect to what so I don't blow the Potterton PCB? Thank you very much. Chris Sykes

Sponsored Links
You just have the red and yellow in the old stat

What is the model No, perhaps a pic showing the wires..

Shame the honeywell stat did not have a neutral, it would have made the installation of the reciever much easier, as it is you will need to go into the wiring centre and pick up a live ,neutral and trace which is the ch zone valve control wire, can you post a few pics of the wiring centre ?

Be most unusual if there isn't a blue in there as well picasso.

In my opinion the receiver is better stuck in the cupboard on the wall close to the wiring center anyway.

Sponsored Links
Quite agree with you about the reciever being near the wiring centre but sometimes for the diyer its simpler to put the reciever where the old stat was as the wiring is all there, as the neutral isint shown (but is probably there) in the op's pictures it probably isin't connected at the other end.

Hi Doitall and Picasso,

Thanks for taking an interest. I'm not sure I've got the hang of how to reply, or to show my pictures but I'll try now.
There are only two wires to the old room stat, Yellow to 3 and Red to 1 - photo in my album.

I thought I'd like to install the Receiver on the wall in the boiler room if possible - that's where I'd have to get the mains power for the Receiver.

Thanks.

Chris

Quite agree with you about the reciever being near the wiring centre but sometimes for the diyer its simpler to put the reciever where the old stat was as the wiring is all there, as the neutral isint shown (but is probably there) in the op's pictures it probably isin't connected at the other end.

If you want to install the reciever near the boiler you will need to disconnect the old room stat and install the reciever in its place , if you can post a picture of the wiring centre I am sure one of us can tell you how to rewire.

I don't think my pictures are showing up here. Maybe if I put a link to the album you could have a quick look? Is the Suprima wiring block picture clear? Thanks again!
//www.diynot.com/network/ChrisSykes/albums/14786

Chris

If you want to install the reciever near the boiler you will need to disconnect the old room stat and install the reciever in its place , if you can post a picture of the wiring centre I am sure one of us can tell you how to rewire.

I've added two new pictures to my album. Looking at everything, it seems to me that I need to connect the Receiver N/O to Potterton/Honeywell SwL (red wire) and Receiver COM to Potterton/Honeywell L (black//yellow wire). And of course the mains feed (blue and brown) from Potterton/Honeywell to Receiver L and N. Do yu think this is correct? And how do I disconnect the old Honeywell room thermostat from the wiring board? Are the wires from that thermostat the red and yellow ones going into the back of SwL and L terminals in my photo?

//www.diynot.com/network/ChrisSykes/albums/

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Chris

OK- will open it up and try to get a better picture of the layout.

Chris

Looked at your pictures but no wiring centre ! might look something like this

View media item 54827

There will be a wiring center somewhere close to the Motorized valve in the cylinder cupboard.

//www.diynot.com/network/ChrisSykes/albums/

Found it - a bit difficult to get at, and the picture isn't brilliant but I hope it will help? I'm beginning to wonder if should be getting a professional - but if I can do it correctly, I'd like to... The new picture is in the album.

Chris
//media.diynot.com/199000_198245_54843_73309488_thumb.jpg

There will be a wiring center somewhere close to the Motorized valve in the cylinder cupboard.

Yah thats your wiring centre, all you need now is some better and closer photos. scrub that just looked at your album and the photo is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back