Wiring a thermostats for solid fuel boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have just installed a complete vented wet central heating system. The boiler is a solid fuel stove with a back boiler with a gravity fed hot water circuit and a pumped central heating circuit.

I would like to control the pump with a room thermostat, timeclock and 2 pipe thermostats, 1 with a override "off" at 45 degs and one with an override "on" at 90 degs.

Could someone please help me with a wiring diagram as i am struggling to get my head round how to wire it all up.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Sponsored Links
Controlling the pump with a room stat is not the best idea.
The pump needs to dump heat when the boiler is up to temperature and should not be interlocked by a room stat.
What type of stove do you have?

Thanks.

It's a sumo stove built by dowling stoves.

The gravity side has an open rad. All the other rads (on the pumped side) have thermostic valves.

I want the room stat to control the pump only when the gravity side is between 45 and 90 degs. The pipe stats will override outside this temp range to stop condesation at the low end and stop overheating at the high end.

Only prob is that i'm not sure how to wire everything up.

thanks again, Graham

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back