wiring a timer in for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
when my sister moves into her house the boiler wasn't firing up. There was power to the boiler as the leds lit up. just never fired up. Instead of fixing the problem our friendly engineer just bypassed the timer. he did it for free so we're not really complaining. he didn't seem to have a clue on how to wire it up. had to phone a friend to find out.

anyway am a new electrician who has very vey little experience. Never have i been in a boiler before.To me a boiler is a very big kettle looool.

I'm very unsure how to wire up the timer. I managed to open up the boiler I could see
Line/live terminal
neutral
Neutral S
Live S
and Rs

Also when I rewired her house she said "I dont want a termostat". also my brother in law said his parents house the heat would come on even though it was warm enough. He thought it's pointless. But I was told that the thermostat is the most economical way of running the boiler. Is this true? I removed the cable on both ends to the thermostat. Am guessing thats what caused it to not work. Lol so basically two cowboys have broken the installation lool. PLease will help me redeem myself!!!

It's a worchester 24i junior with a british gas labelled drayton lp711

Sponsored Links
Let's see .... thermostat - so the question is, do you want your house to be heated uncontrollably and cost a fortune to run (in which case no stat) or do you want to control the boiler output to minimise bills and stop the house feeling like a sauna (in which case fit a stat)?

Fit a new thermostat between Ls and Lr.

Preferably a programmable digital one.

If it's an old dial one you will need a neutral too if you want it to work properly.

Sponsored Links
Fit a new thermostat between Ls and Lr.

Preferably a programmable digital one.

If it's an old dial one you will need a neutral too if you want it to work properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back