Wiring a Triple 2 way socket (3 gang)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've a light socket that has 3 switches on it. One to the kitchen (meant to be the right hand side one), one to under the stairs (meant to be the middle one) and one to the room itself where the switch is (the left hand side one). But ive messed up and now I can only get 1 light to work which is on the wrong switch. Please can anybody give me advice on the correct wirings. All earths go to where they should, and all 3 neutrals go to the 3 x COM connectors on the bottom of the switches. The live ones, are a mystery to me. Anyway, enc link to pictures.

thanks peeps. Please replace "xx", with "tt"

hxxp://www.welshuse.adsl24.co.uk/light/light.html

Sponsored Links
Hi, i've a light socket that has 3 switches on it.
It's a switch - a socket is something that a plug goes into...

Please can anybody give me advice on the correct wirings.
Quite a few light switch diagrams here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7553&start=0

My guess is that for the 2-ways you had the conduit method, but you need to test the conductors to identify permanent live(s) and inter-switch strappers to be sure. Did the old switch have any wires linking any terminals?

All earths go to where they should, and all 3 neutrals go to the 3 x COM connectors on the bottom of the switches.
They are not neutrals. If they were, how on earth could you connect them to switch terminals along with lives? Do you not have the most basic understanding of what a switch does?

Please replace "xx", with "tt"
Why don't you?

Hi, thanks for the reply. No I dont, but as it wasnt me that wired it up, I guess he doesnt know what he's doing either. I'm not an electrician, but I do learn and learn quick. I'm only looking at what my mate Steve did, so not sure on whether something is right or not.

As I dont have an idea on how to do it, I was hoping somebody there could give me the solution and then I could just do it. Its not a problem, i'll just have to soldier on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back