Wiring Bathrooms.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to wire in an Extractor fan, Shaver socket, Fan Heater and a heated towel rail.

1.) Can I take both the extractor fan and shaver socket from a junction box on the lighting circuit?

2.)Do the fan heater and heated towel rail have to be on separate circuits or can I connect each fused connection unit to the same circuit?

:?:

Sponsored Links
1) the fan and shaver can come from the lights, but the fan should also have an isolator switch

51728_l.jpg

2) depends how much current they both draw, at a guess knowing heaters i would say no, separte cct

Another Thing. Do the heaters need to be on the RCD or Non-RCD side? I think RCD side but better to be 100% than 80% sure.

Sponsored Links
You need to be careful what equipment you install in a bathroom. The bathroom is divided in 'zones' and you need to check whether you will be complying with regulations before you do anything in the bathroom. You also need to bear in mind the requirements for bonding in the bathroom. The regulations are very specific about bathrooms because they are potentially the area you are most likely to suffer a fatal shock rather than just a nasty shock.

breezer said:
2) depends how much current they both draw, at a guess knowing heaters i would say no, separte cct

The fan heater is 2000W and the panel heater / towel rail is 260W. 2260W in total.

1.)Can I not connect each fcu to a junction box on the same circuit?

2.)If so is a 16amp mcb sufficient?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back