towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a fan heater in my bathroom that i want to get rid of and extend the cable down to a towel rail. the fan is fed from a fused spur outside the bathroom but off the lighting circuit . so is it ok to feed a towel rail off a lighting circuit or do i need to come off the ring or a separate radial from the fuse board

Sponsored Links
is it ok to feed a towel rail off a lighting circuit
No

or do i need to come off the ring
Yes with a fused spur (the switch outside the bathroom)

or a separate radial from the fuse board
If you want to but a spur is usually easier.

If you are in England or Wales this is notifiable work as it is in the bathroom, and you will find it easier and cheaper to get a professional electrician to do it for you. The "earth" bonding of the bathroom may need to be brought up to scratch for safety. ask around friends and neighbours for a recommendation. When phoning ask if he is a member of a self-certification scheme and will leave you a certificate when finished (the correct answers are yes and yes).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back