Wiring cupboard light from ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've taken a 3-core from a ring outlet through a wall into cupboard and connected to a switched spur which will be fitted with a 3 amp fuse. From the spur cable has been run to a 1way architrave switch, where I have L1, L2 and COM terminals. The batten light is installed with cable running back to switch. Earth is connected at all points including switch pattress so I now have red and blue from both spur and light. Which wires go where into the switch terminals?

Sponsored Links
At the switch, connect one brown wire (Red?) to the COM terminal and the other brown wire to the L1 terminal.

If the switch works upside down, ie the light is "on" whn the switch in the up position, move the wire from L1 to L2.

The two blue wires should be joined together, but not connected to any of the switch terminals.

See the link to the Wiki below. there's a diagram like yours, but you don't have the cable feeding the next light.

See diagram "Using Terminal Block enclosed within the light switch"

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting:single_way_lighting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back