Wiring extension cable to choc block

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying. It's the first time I've ever used this site and I'm blown away buy it. Awesome!!!

Sponsored Links
Although not ideal you can buy whats called 13 amp Trailing sockets, if you know how to fit a plug then you could fit these in place of the choc blocks.
Your new stuff including 4 way leads can then be simply plugged in, subject to load that you will limit at the supply plugtop fuse

That was an 'electrician' did that?

Mains leads should not be in same trunking as aerial cable.

Whoever did the pipework didn't do the neatest job clipping that pipe either.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying. It's the first time I've ever used this site and I'm blown away buy it. Awesome!!!
Well thank them properly then

or leave some money behind the bar!
Yes you need to confirm there is an earth core continuously from the plug via joint to sockets. You should have 3 cores within the flex brown(live/line), blue(neutral) and green/yellow (earth/CPC).
As already suggest the best method would have been a continuous length from sockets to TV appliances and a suitable number of gangs to the end of that. I would not use an extension lead on a reel, unless the reel was completed unwound and did not introduce a trip hazard.
There looks to be no issue with junction made but the flex and junction box should be securely fitted and not left unsupported.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back