Wiring for new HIVE system

Your wiring centre will look some thing like this
1655226495682.png

Hive will replace the timer
1655226667168.png
and to be frank not sure exactly how it all works, as I have not fitted a full blown UFH system, but Instructions are here as said I would not bother with UFH as it is rather complex to get it to work A1.

Sponsored Links
As you scroll down the instructions there are other options 1655227215482.pngit seems it depends on what zones you are using etc.
1655227362011.png

As to how you want yours to work I don't know, I would suggest you use a heating and ventilation engineer as you can waist so much money if you get it wrong.

The Hive wall thermostat is no more than two relays which turn on either motorised valves, boiler or pump depending on your system, if your plumber and electrician don't understand this, then I would be looking for ones who do.

If your doing it just say so, and then say what you have, are you using Y, W, or S plan, etc.

Nothing wrong with the diagram you show, it is simply a relay.

The problem which I don't know answer to is how you get the UFH to turn on the boiler, you don't show that bit.
Hi Eric
Thx for comments
Yes the diagram is just for conventional cylinder and CH system hence my question on what components I need to use HIVE to control the UFH.
My plumber who is a good guy who I trust just said he'd rather not do the electrics.
Ultimately what I was trying to achieve was to have one system that controls CH, HW and UFH and avoid buying proprietary systems for UFH.
Yes its a good question - how does the UFH via HIVE call for heat?
I can go back to the supplier who's providing quotes and ask. They seem very helpful but nevertheless I still would like to utilise one system (HIVE) to run everything if I can.

I have an S plan system and as I said we are basically starting a fresh install with an unvented system.

Sponsored Links
I have seen short cuts, feeding radiator with TRV and sending the return under floor so the TRV controls both. But this could cause the floor to exceed the 27 degs permitted.

So no plumber would take short cuts like that.

So you need to think about if UFH is worth the effort.

I would have thought a zone valve for the ufh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back