Wiring garage lights to roller door control

These are what I've got https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lighting/d220/Batten+Fittings/sd3342/LED+Batten+Fitting/p54130 6ft 65W 7800lm each, garage is 30m2 so 1040lux. From what I've read, recommended for "detailed mechanical workshops" or "normal drawing work", one step above "mechanical workshop" that I'm sure would have been fine as well
Fair enough. As I said, I wondered if you were perhaps talking about 4W ~36W tubes, but clearly not :)

It does sound like quite a lot to me, but maybe reasonable for you. Your conversion from lumen to lux can. of course, be nothing more than approximate, since it depends upon the distribution of the light - and, in any event, your requirements in terms of lux are probably not uniform throughout the entire 30m². In both my garage and cellar (workshop), I would guess that there is less than 50% of the floor area which requires high level illumination.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yea I'll spread them out best I can, I wanted a high level everywhere as with a car you could be working on any part of if and it could be anywhere in the garage depending on what access you need, you're not confined to a bench! Wanted enough light for it to find it's way underneath as well, which of course makes little sense but I'm sure you get what I mean :p

Yea I'll spread them out best I can, I wanted a high level everywhere as with a car you could be working on any part of if and it could be anywhere in the garage depending on what access you need, you're not confined to a bench! Wanted enough light for it to find it's way underneath as well, which of course makes little sense but I'm sure you get what I mean :p
Fair enough. I have to say that I have some (easily redirected) 'spotlights' in my garage, to enable specific illumination of 'what I am working on', as well, of course, as ('portable') 'inspection lights' (not the least for 'underneath'!).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Get digging.

I warn you, though, once you've had one to use to work under cars, you'll never be happy without. (I'm assuming you don't have the headroom for a lift....)

And of course, once you've been spoiled by having access to a lift then you'll never be happy with a pit :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back