Wiring help for Drayton RF601 -from old '4 wire' to '5 wire'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought new wireless thermostat (Drayton RF601) to replace Drayton RTS 1, controlling Baxi back boiler, and would appreciate some help in wiring.

My old wiring is made up of 4 wires - Neutral, Earth, Live and a yellow wire (to call), but new wiring instructions show 5 wires going into box (although Earth stated as not needed) in following order:

N L 1(C) 2(SAT) 3(Call)

Can I wire this using existing wires (by looping or other means) or does this mean it is incompatible?

Thanks for looking - all advice greatfully received!

Sponsored Links
Ignore 2 satisfied terminal, there is no need for it unless you have motor on motor off motorised valved instead off the more usual motor on spring return

You need to get back to the wiring centre , fit your reciever unit beside it and take a permenant L N to it , either from fused spur or from within wiring centre then the live that originally went to your room stat needs to go to 1 common and the yellow wire to 3 call.
Not forgeting to disconnect any wires that still go to your old room stat

Sponsored Links
No prob , i was only guessing glad i got it right.. :LOL: :LOL: only kidding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back