Wiring help with new room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've decided to replace my Honeywell T6160B room stat with a new Drayton Digistat +3 (battery powered one).

Problem is, I can't figure the wiring out......

It's connected to a Potterton EP3000 programmer, which I do not have the instruction book for.

Any ideas how to connect the thing??!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Generally, power off, old stat cover off, un wire old stat and remove base, fit new base. Standard wiring is, old blue neutral to be made safe (not used), red to common on new stat and yellow to call (look at your wiring diagram). The new stat has a relay powred by the batteries.

What i didnt mention of course is you should check all the wiring and presume nothing. I mean nothing.

Drayton Digistat +3 (battery powered one).
The Digistat is a combined programmer/ thermostat, but it only controls the Central Heating. So you will need to retain the EP3000 for Hot Water control.

You said:
Potterton EP3000 programmer

Terminal 1 = HW OFF
Terminal 2 = CH OFF (not normally connected)
Terminal 3 = HW ON
Terminal 4 = CH ON

Remove lead from CH ON (T4) and connect it to a permanent Live on in the Wiring centre.
Connect the other end of the same wire (Terminal 1 of Honeywell) to Terminal C on the Digistat.
Connect the wire on Terminal 3 of Honeywell to ON Terminal of Digistat.
Disconnect the wire connected to Terminal 2 Honeywell and make safe. This wire is not required. Do the same at the other end of the same wire.

Hot water times will now be controlled by the EP2000; CH times and temperatures by the Digistat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both for your help.

Good idea about bypassing the EP3000 for the central heating and just using the Digistat!! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back