Wiring help

Thats what I thought.
It sounds good in theory but I found in reality my digistat had to be constantly tweaked anyway to bring on the heating. Obviously peoples lifestyles are different so its swings and roundabouts.
A second zone would be even more inconveniant.
The best option for controlling heating is from a single location.
When you have other people in the house with differing requirements to what is comfortable its even more inconveniant as people like a simple button to boost the heat and not have to fiddle with controllers.
Even the boost button can be a challenge to some people.

Sponsored Links
people like a simple button to boost the heat and not have to fiddle with controllers.

I have to agree with you there norcon and that includes people like me
at home I have programable stats on the basement and second floors but the ground floor has a good old 2 channel time clock in the kitchen with room stats serving the ground and first floors and that way i can quickly hit the hour boost if needed when i put the kettle on :)
matt

On the other hand, I have an Ecotec 831 wired as two zones. Wife is a nurse on nightshifts. So different people, different needs. Two Danfoss TP5000Si work a treat. House is never cold and never hot- just right.

Would not go back to letting her have control of a dial that kept getting turned to 30 when she was cold and off when too hot. Not forgetting heating being on and having to get up through the night to switch it off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help guys. I followed the advice from DP and stuck the grey wires in terminal 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back