Wiring Hive on Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25 Si or 30 Si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I would share the wiring I used when I installed the single channel Hive receiver on a Greenstar 30Si boiler

Greenstar to Hive.jpg

Addtional Information

Hive Install Guide
https://www.hivehome.com/attachment/37/download/Thermostat_Install_Guide.pdf

Sponsored Links
So i wired my Greenstar 38CDi as per this diagram. Hive router, thermostat and receiver all connected. Says heating is off but Boiler is still firing. Any idea why?

So i wired my Greenstar 38CDi as per this diagram. Hive router, thermostat and receiver all connected. Says heating is off but Boiler is still firing. Any idea why?
Check if the switched live is live. The connection of any external controls to the boiler is really very simple - one wire is either live or not.

If the switched live wire is live then the boiler is doing what is expected and either your wiring is weird or the Hive is turning it live for some reason.

If that connection is not live then the boiler is firing for some other reason. Frost stat? 15-minute siphon fill after being off?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian

It's been on and off intermittently since I installed it a couple of hours ago. It's behaving normally when we demand hot water. Maybe it's some kind of feeling out process!?

House is cooling down now - the schedule would aim to keep it above 20 degrees so we'll see!

you could always call technical support to see if they had any issues with your type of setup

Ha!

Contacted Hive Technical Support

Said he didn't know too much about it and that was it!Hung up on me!

Back to square one!

Has the link between the Lr and Ls boiler terminals been removed?

If you have a timer that is integral to the boiler, then you can either:

1. Simply set it so that the central heating to be permanently 'on' and the Hive will take over the control of time and temperature. Or.

2. Remove the timer from the control circuit. There are several timer variants fitted to the Greenstar, but they usually have a ribbon cable behind them that is simply plugged in. If you look on the Worcester Bosch website, you can search for the installation instructions for the various timers, and you can check yours.

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/professional/support/documents

If you want to physically remove the timer from the boiler, you will need a blanking plate to cover the space. Also, some WB boiler timers have a hot water pre-heat function. If your does, you may wish to retain the programmer for it, or alternatively you could use a dual channel Hive and use the hot water control channel.

I found this wiring diagram most useful. Very clear and avoids the various different manufacturers technical speak for their different connections! Enabled me to wire in my Hive 1 very quickly...and most importantly...correctly!!! Thank you very much for posting.

Thanks very much for posting the diagram. Have used it to install hive heating on a WB Greenstar 24i Junior Combi boiler - This is fitted with a DT20 twin channel Programmer. Hot water is working fine (set to "on") however, when I call for heat the boiler does not fire up! Any suggestions - I have read so much on here today...........Thanks very much in advance. Kev (the jumper has been removed between LS & LR)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back