Wiring Hive to Main Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a Main Combi 30 Eco which currently only has a timer fitted to its fascia and no thermostat , Im now looking at fitting a Hive Gen 1 system to it ( heating only model )

I'm assuming that to do so i need to take out the yellow loop wire between bk1 and bk2 on the combi and wire them to 2: heating off and 3: heating on that's on the Hive receiver and if so which bk goes to which ?
Then wire off the live, negative and earth from the terminal block on the combi to the hive :unsure:

I have some 7 core 1mm cable which i know i only need 5 core but i dont have that ( also got 2 core )

Sponsored Links
Almost right, connect to 1- common and 3- heating on. It doesn't matter which way round.
And by the way it's neutral not negative and to be even more pedantic line not live before anyone pulls me.

I've got a Main Combi 30 Eco which currently only has a timer fitted to its fascia

Don't forget to either decommission the original timer, or just leave it set so that it is permanently 'on' otherwise it will interfere with the operation of the Hive.

easiest way is to disconnect the wiring from the built in timer and connect onto that, there you have L,N Common and switched live which as advised goes between 1+3 and doesnt matter which way round, your Hive does not require an Earth

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help
I'll try it out over the weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back