Wiring in a RF Thermistat to a Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, looking for abit of advice.

I've just purchased a Salus RT500RF thermistat to wire into my Halstead Ace combi boiler and would just like some general advice getting my head round the wiring diagrams.

I can under stand that the RF receiver needs to go across connections L1 and L3, so that it then control when the power is given.

Whats got me confused is the instructions in the RF manual regarding either 230v or volt free. Can someone enlighten me on this please and point me in the right direction of what I need to connect where.

Boiler: http://www.halsteadboilers.co.uk/pdfs/install/AceAceHigh.pdf page 19 and page 26

Thermistat http://www.salus-tech.com/manuals/RT500RF.pdf page 3

Sponsored Links
Remove the link in the thermostat which goes from L to C as you're going to use the volt free option.
Remove the link in the boiler which goes between L1 and L3.

You'll need a 230v supply from the boiler to L and N in the thermostat, connect C to L1 of the boiler and NO to L3 of the boiler.

Boiler - L - L - Thermostat
Boiler - N - N - Thermostat
Boiler - L1 - C - Thermostat
Boiler - L3 - NO - Thermostat

Thank you for the reply. Really Appreciated.

Just to Clarify

Boiler - L1 - C - Thermostat, that represents the COM - Volt free connection

Sponsored Links
you need four current carrying cores. You MUST NOT use a core that is colored for earth for anything other than earth. So if you use a single peice of flex it will probablly have to be 5 core.

Don't forget that any flex terminating in the boiler must be heat resistant (85C)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back