Wiring in Texecom Odyssey 3 bellbox to look like live

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have just bought a 1988 house that requires renovation, it has a hardwired and powered down/redundant 1988 alarm system.

I have a new Odyssey 3 external sounder and what I want to do as a temporary measure, while I work in the house, is to remove the old sounder, wire in the new Odyssey 3 to the front of the house, and to go to the old alarm panel, disconnect the ext sounder cable and connect the relevant wires to a suitable 12v supply to get the two alternating LEDs flashing on the ext sounder to give the illusion of a live system, until I am ready to replace the whole system.

I fitted several alarms a long time ago but I just need reminding of what I need to connect to 12v, what to connect to 0v to achieve the above.

The Odyssey connections are:

S strobe trigger. I guess connect to 12v

C tamper return ?

D -ve hold off I guess connect to 0v

A pos hold off I guess connect to 12v

B bell trigger I guess connect to 12v

Last question - the alarm looks well installed, assuming the cable is proper 6 core alarm cable, do you think the old cable would be OK to use on a new system, subject to correct checks of resistance etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just connect the 12v + and 0v Unclip the plastic cover and remove one of the sounder wires ,it won't cause an issue and WIL flash the LEDs as normal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back