Wiring light/shaver socket cabinet in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have got a bathroom cabinet with three small halogen lights (see: http://www.hib.co.uk/show_products.php?product_id=176&category_id=72)

The shaver socket is run from one wire, and each of the lights has a separate wire. None of the lights have an earth wire.

Can I put all the wires into a connector box or junction box onto and through one cable that is spurred from the lighting circuit? Or should I run the lights and shaver socket through two separate spurs? It just seemed odd to me that they didn't wire it up through one output wire in the first instance. Do I need to earth the lights in some way?

I realise this work needs to be certified!!!

Thanks for you time, Rich

Sponsored Links
They dont connect them all together because you might want to have (for instance)
constant power to the shaver point so u can charge your vibrator
the lights to go on and off with the room lights.

So you can connect them all together and connect it to the lighting circuit.
The shaver socket must be earthed!

If you are installing to 16th edition you must include this in the supplementary bonding scheme.

PS Certified and notified

Sponsored Links
p4751167_l.jpg

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back