Wiring Outside Lights

Another option is that some types of security lights come with internal electronic control that allows the lights to be toggled on or off by means of quickly cycling the circuit breaker,
Short power juddery cuts can set these to permanently ON. Voltage dips when a motor ( such as a hoover ) can have the same effect

Sensors without this over-ride function and the use of 3 core + earth ann over ride switch is the better option.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all,

Looks like there is only one entry point in the light and its pretty small so I will struggle to get two cables in. I will go the JB route with 3 core rubber 1mm2 cable.

Thanks for all your help.

cheers
Trevor

Thanks all,

Looks like there is only one entry point in the light and its pretty small so I will struggle to get two cables in. I will go the JB route with 3 core rubber 1mm2 cable.
A suitable IP rated JB we hope.

Most definitely...especially with the wind and rain we get up here 12 months of the year... :)

Would one rated IP45 be ok or should I be going for IP56 and up?

thanks
Trevor

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back