Wiring Salus RT300RF thermostat for 230V application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help with some advice on how to wire a Salus RT300RF thermostat for a 230V application. The catalogue description says it is suitable but the manual only gives a volt free wiring diagram.

It's not for a boiler, I want to use it to control the 230V fan in a hydronic plinth heater.

Thanks,
Ed

Sponsored Links
Capture.JPG

230V live supply to (L)
Neutral/s to (N)
Insert a link wire between (L) and (Com)
Switched live out to Plinth heater fan (NO)

A little extra tip for you. If there are other properties nearby, I would recommend that you change the RF address code from the standard factory setting. The installation manual tells you how follow the instructions carefully. I have seen several of these units where the thermostat has been switching the heating in a neighbouring property because they were both still on the factory setting.

View attachment 130382

230V live supply to (L)
Neutral/s to (N)
Insert a link wire between (L) and (Com)
Switched live out to Plinth heater fan (NO)

A little extra tip for you. If there are other properties nearby, I would recommend that you change the RF address code from the standard factory setting. The installation manual tells you how follow the instructions carefully. I have seen several of these units where the thermostat has been switching the heating in a neighbouring property because they were both still on the factory setting.

Thanks Stem! That was quick :) I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back