Wiring salus rt500rf to vaillant ecotec pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone, so I have just bought this thermostat and receiver to replace my current one and was wandering about the wiring how it should be done. I have taken a picture of inside the current receiver which I have attached. I have also attached a picture of inside the new receiver. I have also noticed the new receiver has a circuit board where the old doesn't would this make a difference?
Thanks
Sarah
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,346
Sponsored Links
1. The black and blue wires presently in 'N' should be connected to the Salus 'N' terminal
2. The brown and red wires that are presently in the two 'L' terminals need to go to the single Salus 'L' terminal
3. The Grey wire presently in the terminal marked 'A' should go to the Salus 'Com' terminal
4. The Black wire presently in the terminal marked 'B' should go the the Salus 'N.O' terminal

Take care where you have to put two wires into the same terminal so that you don't cause a short circuit by having 'whiskers' poking out that could touch each other. You may find it easier to put the two wires into a separate connector / terminal and then run just one wire from that to the Salus terminal.

Also these units are popular now, I recommend you change the operating frequency from the factory setting, I have come across two instances of heating being switched by the thermostat in the house next door because they were both operating on the same frequency.

Yes it does, I have already explained this. Please read my post carefully.

The black wire presently in 'N' should be connected to the Salus 'N' terminal
The black wire presently in the terminal marked 'B' should go the the Salus 'N.O' terminal

Sponsored Links
So iv wired it how u said but the boiler hasn't come on and the salus just has the red light on?

Make sure that all of your connections are good and tight and that none of the wires have fallen out [The Salus doesn't have the easiest connections, especially if you are trying to get two wires in] and the terminals are clamped on the wires and not just on the insulation.

The Salus has powered up OK, and if the green light has come on, so that shows the the two units are communicating with each other.

Bingo iv got it working i guess a wire wasn't in proper or something it's working fine now. thanks for your help so now my only problem is that I'm unable to attach to the wall as the wires are to short so I have no idea what il do about that lol

Ok so now iv found a problem the thermostat temp is going up even though the heating isn't on is it communicating with someone else's?

Has your next door neighbour got an electric toaster ? I have found that the salus stats communicate with some toasters and show how brown the toast is, if your stat is showing about 24 that means they like their toast on the light brown side. hope this helps (y)

Ok so now iv found a problem the thermostat temp is going up even though the heating isn't on is it communicating with someone else's?
No, when that happens the thermostat shows the right temp. It's the receiver that gets switched 'on' and 'off' by the one next door.

Why would anyone change a Honeywell for a Salus FFS..
I've known a few RF stats to open/close next doors cat flap , especially when fitted with Duracell batteries..

Sarah Wilkinson you better go round and have a couple of words for interfering with your heating system , after all , all that money you spent on a quality
heating control ;)(y)

Why would anyone change a Honeywell for a Salus FFS..
I've known a few RF stats to open/close next doors cat flap , especially when fitted with Duracell batteries..
My honeywell was not working to its program i set for some reason lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back