WIRING SIEMENS RDJ10RF TO BETACOM 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anybody help? I have a siemens rdj10rf room thermastat and a Glow worm betacom 24 condensing boiler. my problem is all works ok with the exception of the thermostat does not turn off at night. I have it set to 21 during the day and at 16 at night but never drops below about 19 degrees as it keeps the rads just luke warm giving out the slightest of heat. i have adjusted the TRV in the bedroom to 2 so it doesnt get to warm at night.
I have read up and think the wiring is incorrect in the boiler but not to sure.
I have all other TRV's set to 3 with the exception of the RAD next to the thermostat which TRV is set to MAX

I would like my heating to go off at night but only come on if drops below 16.... could this be incorrect wiring to the boiler

Please if anybody could help it would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you walk around with a thermometer or summit? are you asking why your heating stays on all night or the differences in temperature to the degree? Your roomstat works within the room it has been positioned and monitors the temperature in that room only,normally the coolest.Are you saying that your roomstat does not work?

Please could anybody help? I have a siemens rdj10rf room thermastat and a Glow worm betacom 24 condensing boiler. my problem is all works ok with the exception of the thermostat does not turn off at night. I have it set to 21 during the day and at 16 at night but never drops below about 19 degrees as it keeps the rads just luke warm giving out the slightest of heat. i have adjusted the TRV in the bedroom to 2 so it doesnt get to warm at night.
I have read up and think the wiring is incorrect in the boiler but not to sure.
I have all other TRV's set to 3 with the exception of the RAD next to the thermostat which TRV is set to MAX

I would like my heating to go off at night but only come on if drops below 16.... could this be incorrect wiring to the boiler

Please if anybody could help it would be appreciated

The TRV's are just local temperature controls for when the heating is actually on. For the purpose of checking the thermostat just forget about them except for the one near the thermostat - If that rad is not heating up properly it can leave the whole system running! - You really don't even want a TRV in the same space as a thermostat.

With the thermostat set for 16 degrees, does it show actual temperature as 19 degrees with the "heat called for" symbol on ?

Why do you think the wiring is wrong? Just post what you have discovered!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back