Wiring Up New Single Point Spot Lights on Conservatory Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that the conservatory is built I need to sort the lighting. Originally I had a PIR light 300w on the outside running of a wall light within my dining room - this was the way it was wired since a new build in 2003. Anyways the light switch has 2 cables running into the back box: 3 reds running to the switch, earths going the the back box and nuetrals running to a choc block. The circuit running to the PIR is now redundant as I'll be mounting the Air Con evaporator on the wall where the PIR was. My question is can i run 1.5mm lighting circuit from the back of the switch out through my cavity into the conservatory cavity to run my 3 single spots and disconnect the redundant PIR circuit?

Other ideas was to spur off ring in conservatory with 3 amp fuze and then put a new switch on the wall, but I'm looking for the easiest option here. Clearly not a sparky but aircraft engineer, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds fine to me except for running it through the cavities- frowned upon. Obviously total load must be considered when adding lights but if you've removed the 300w I can't see that being an issue.

Or, you could spur it off the landing light.

I'll get my coat.

So can anyone advise how I wire these 3 spots up to the original switch if this is plausable? Oh and how do I know which is the lead in the sitch that was connected to the PIR which I have choc blocked to make safe outside on the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back