Wiring up the stairs

First thing on Monday, i am going to order a Helicopter Kit like that Mark Evans on the TV. I have looked on the web and bought the DVD set of the programme and a few books. I replaced the clutch on my dad's Zeta tractor once so i have a good bit of mechanical knowledge

I asked the factory how much they would charge to put it together but i thought they were ripping me off and did not get any other quotes to compare the prise.

I know that i have to notify the proper authoritys but i wont bother as if it goes wrong it is my fault and i will take the blame.

Sponsored Links
I did consider running it through a stud wall but on the basis that only plaster board would be protecting it thought better of it (correct me if i'm wrong) This wall would back on to the bathroom and although the bathroom is to be fully tiled and tanked still didn't really like the option of running cables just the other side of a shower

A stud wall is getting somewhere near the 50 mm distance of cables from the wall surface. However, you will almost very certainly need RCD protection on all these circuits anyway.

It is harder to drill through a cable unclipped in a stud wall than one buried in a solid wall. By running the cables in line with a wall switch or a socket you will give people an idea that cables are present.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back