Wiring Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior with Hive V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm trying to install my hive receiver (single channel( where my thermostat is (Drayton acl), the current install only has a Neutral (N), Live (L) and heating on (3) and earth (see pictures below).

My boiler is a combi Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior

Wiring.jpg

BackPannel.jpg

Hive.png

I have tried to install the receiver with the current wiring but it does not fire the boiler.

Do I need an extra loop between Live (L) and the Common (1)?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Yes and the clock will need to be left on constant for the Hive to work correctly.

Thanks for confirming John, will give it a try and report back.

Hi, I’m looking to do the same Hive install with my Worcester Junior, did you manage to get it resolved? If so, can you confirm the wiring configuration you used? Thanks in advance. Gary.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I can confirm that a loop between between Live (L) and the Common (1) worked fine.

Hi all,
I’m trying this with a Greenstar 24i junior which is in the same range as the 28i. I’ve tried the above suggestions with mine but I’m still not getting the boiler to fire. When I removed the old timer I got a bit of a surprise because whoever installed the boiler has wired the mains into the timer which then in turn leads to the boiler. Perhaps it should be re-wired properly first??? Here’s a picture of what I’m dealing with. I’ve put the white wire to 3 on the hive with no effect and also tried bridging L and 1 together also with no effect.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2171B080-EFB4-4B48-882A-8203FAAF9655.jpeg
    2171B080-EFB4-4B48-882A-8203FAAF9655.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 827
  • 2B44A14E-DCB3-4790-A36A-FF836ECCC684.jpeg
    2B44A14E-DCB3-4790-A36A-FF836ECCC684.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 831
Hi, was wondering if anyone is able to shed any help on this. I have wired my hive 2 to my 28i junior boiler. However the boiler won't fire up when demanded for heating. The receiver flame lights green and you hear the relay click however nothing happens with the boiler. If i revert back to the honeywell wireless thermostat it fires the boiler when demanded for heating.

Thanks in advance.
20190104_160828.jpg
20190104_160811.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back