Wiring

J

Johnmelad502

I'm not a spark so not sure if I am right here, but this picture shows the wiring used in this house and I am thinking it might not be up to the job. Not sure I know how to explain this other than it looks a bit on the light side to me.

This is the ring main feeding sockets and boiler on the 1st floor.

Sponsored Links
are you sure this is socket supplies? as looking at right hand JB top right corner, it appears to have 2 live and 1 neg wire in same screw this may be a lighting switch wire, may be not!. think you need a competent sparky to check this out

Definatly a lighting supply.

Oh BTW kevin, you dont have negative wires in an AC system. ;)

that slightly thicker cable that goes through the holes and not the notches looks like it might be a 2.5 cable...

but the ones into the JB's are definitely lighting..

Sponsored Links
I think they will be there to keep the cables in the notches, rather than providing mechanical protection. ;)

Or are those plates fitted to maintain the structural integrity of the joists.... Just looking at the spacing between the holes and notches....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back