Wm62 interlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Wm62 which went dead mid wash.
I checked the power switch was ok and then looked at the interlock and found 240v to the l and n terminals of the switch but the common was dead.
Assuming that the switch was faulty and not closing i ordered another but this is the same. Am i missing something or have i got another faulty switch.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How were you checking the voltage? I would have thought it would be difficult to get meter probes on the terminals with it in situ. When I test them I usually unscrew the interlock and have it hanging out of the door seal orofice. I then use a screwdriver to slide the locking plate to the door closed position to check if it will lock/power up the machine. It may be a problem with the door catch hook on the door.

if your door lock is o.k. then the original may have blown the timer. loosen the timer and look for blown tracks on the p.c.b. towards the front of the board. if you resolder new tracks with a piece of wire it will fix the fault in 19 of 20 cases.
if you want to check beyond the door lock then you can remove it as fido says. then remove the live and common wires from the lock and join them together. if your machine lights up then the lock is the prob, if not then it's probably the timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back