WMF740 hotpoint washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help, my washing machine, under 2 years old started to make aircraft noises and now the drum won't spin at all. I suspect it's the drum bearing but can't find any info on getting this part or whether it can be replaced without changing whole drum.

Can find very little about problems of this kind with this particular model.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's 3 different drums for your mc. One is a split drum 2 are complete welded ones. All cost 100.00 plus the heater is needed as well , is there play in the inner drum ..

thanks for responding -yes which is why I thought it could be the bearing, i presume from your response you can't just replace the bearing?
i've taken the top off and the belt had come off, managed to get belt back on and manually turned the drum but the belt kept slipping towards the drum on the drum pulley wheel.

Sponsored Links
Yep drum has gone. Two choices scrap it or pay 105.00 to hotpoint parts and labour included.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back