WMT03 Washing Machine Spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

Any help would be appreciated.

Our machine will not spin, drum goes around slowly, wash cycle if fine water emptys ok just will not spin, maybe the motor, any one else have any ideas.

thanks

Regards
Colin

Sponsored Links
The usual advice, unplug first. It is worth checking the motor brushes and when you have the belt off you can again try the machine on spin. I have known a motor fault where it will spin OK only without the extra load of spinning even an empty drum. Another simple check is to take off the tube from the water level pressure switch and try a spin with it disconnected. Remember to connect it again afterwards or you could have a flood! The pressure switch is a round device mounted near the top of the machine. If the pressure vessel at the bottom of its tube gets blocked you can get an airlock so the machine thinks it is full of water, inhibiting the spin.

I had a spooky problem last week, programmes ending without reason, usually it wouldn't spin and finished with water in the drum, usually refused to spin but it would sometimes

turned out to the pressure chamber clagged with gunk, I think it kinda fixed itself a couple of time when I upended it to check the brushes

easy thing to check anyway

anyway, brushes checked, pressure chamber sorted and today a new gasket, here's to some trouble free washing for the forseeable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back