wobbly floor tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem with a floor tiling job (my first). Floorboards have been checked secure and 12mm ply screwed down on top, so no movement. Problem is in corner of room floor dipped slightly so when tiles put in place (without adhesive) to check positioning, one wobbles diagonally (corner to corner), although secure across other diagonal. Tiles are 600 x 300. Only one tile affected. Wondering if problem can be solved by thicker adhesive at low point or would this be asking for problems, i.e. tile cracking. The tile in question is near door, so will see heavy traffic.

Sponsored Links
Can't see that being a problem - that's partly what adhesive it for.

The larger the tiles the flatter the base needs to be but if they are all sitting flat then you should be OK; use a large format trowel but you may still need to build up locally.

You say this is your first floor tiling job, have you done any other tiling before? What materials are you using? There are many things that can catch you out when tiling a suspended timber floor. I would advise you read the Tiling Sticky & Forum Archive posts before doing any work or buying materials, it could prevent you making disastrous & potentially expensive mistakes. It’s also important to use only quality trade tilling materials of the correct type for your tiles & tile base; cheapo own brand & DIY stuff is mostly crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back