wocester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new fan but not sure what fan I have to get as lost the instruction book. I have the one that has little red pegs to set the timer. So would I need the 24cdi-rsf/ng or 24cdi-rsf/lpg?

Sponsored Links
ya should really be gettin a corgi bloke to change it as you'll hav 2remove the case to the combustion box and you may affect combustion, but ya prob need the 24cdi-rsf/ng

ya should really be gettin a corgi bloke to change it as you'll hav 2remove the case to the combustion box and you may affect combustion, but ya prob need the 24cdi-rsf/ng

Hi

Thanks yes it is a 24cdi-rsf/ng I need. I am getting a plummer to fit it but was asked to get the fan and then realised that there were two sorts but didn't know what the ng meant but now I do. I can only hope it's the fan that is only required. The boiler sounds like it wants to firer up but the fan is stuck and have been told this will shut the boiler down if the fan doesn't work.

Hi all,
I dont want to be acused of hijacking the thread but i want info about the same subject please.
Just had bg out this morning to my 24 cdi as it tripped out and wouldnt relight. Its about 12 yrs old now
diagnosis was a siezed fan ( it has been just a little noisy lately)
The fan was freed off and the bearing oiled and all works well now.
My question is
1, if its been siezed shouldnt it have been replaced?
2, Is it a big job to replace it?
3, Can it be replaced without taking the boiler off the wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The fan was freed off and the bearing oiled and all works well now.
My question is
1, if its been siezed shouldnt it have been replaced?
2, Is it a big job to replace it?
3, Can it be replaced without taking the boiler off the wall?

1. Not nessesarily, freed off fans can last a few years with just a squirt of oil. If it gets stuck again then replace.

2+3. Dead easy to change, few screws and it drops out Definately doenst have to come off wall.

Thanks for the quick response petit_pablo
looks like a diy job as long as everthings resealed etc but as
Ive got a contract with BG that runs out in Dec and will most likley keep it going.
suppose i was just making sure they hadnt done a temp repair.

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back