Woman and central heating - please don't laugh at me :)

It is a requirement that you have a copy of this..Still worried about where this card board is...

Sponsored Links
Can you have a pre-payment meter with a boiler, I don't think so.

Yes, of course you can John.

One point to note is that if these is a historical debt then the daily charge is set high to reclaim the amount owed.

Thenews always says there is one supplier who charges no more for a prepayment meter but no one ever says who!

Most prepays are 50% more than credit on SO.

Tony

Never used to be the case Tony.

I still wonder if it's a secondary meter.

Remember the regs guys and gals.

No property shall have more than one entry, therefore the meter outside the door must come off the same supply as all the other flats.

EUREKA!

Now you'll se how 'feminine' is my attitude towards central heating issues :oops: :p I feel really ashamed to be so silly in that matter.

I checked again that thing I considered to be the boiler and I realised that it is only a water tank. So I checked the space underneath my gas fire an here it comes: BAXI BERMUDA Boiler 401.

On the cover of that gas fire there are some labels giving details of boiler checks and the last one is dated at August 2005.

Sponsored Links
With a back boiler it is DOUBLY important that it is checked and serviced Every 12 months to be precise... No certificate...Start hunting for a new flat.. and drop him in it anyway.. I hate landlords who don't take their responsibilities seriously

Have you at least got a vent on the outside wall?

can you see a meter reading on the meter?

Note what it is at least once a week (each day if you have time) and let us now how much is being used. Write it in your diary so you have a permanent record.

Turn off your boiler one cold evening and go and have a look to see if it is still spinning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back