Wonky Cast Aluminium Gutters, am I being unreasonable???

Even with holes for back fixing its always easiest, esp off ladders, and moreaccurate to work to brackets.Back fixing any metal gutter brings you tighto the fascia and the difficultys of mainteance and hiddendecay.If its a very exposed site then backfix as well using small stand-offs for the SS fixings..Correct brackets should keep you gutter vertical.

Sponsored Links
How do you know the fascia behind isn’t out? We’ve done loads of gutter jobs where the fascia is distorted or tilted cause the lazy roofers can’t cut things plumb.

Take the gutter off put it on the ground and then get your straight edge on it.

Brett Martin cascade is a decent cast look alike system (they invented it). Will naturally bend to a distorted roof unlike heavy cast.

Sponsored Links
Even with holes for back fixing its always easiest, esp off ladders, and moreaccurate to work to brackets.Back fixing any metal gutter brings you tighto the fascia and the difficultys of mainteance and hiddendecay.If its a very exposed site then backfix as well using small stand-offs for the SS fixings..Correct brackets should keep you gutter vertical.

It was easy enough to fit to be fair but as I said before I neglected to fit wedges which I will be fitting possibly today. This will obviously improve the vertical angle of the gutters just not their wavy front edge (although I may possibly be able to pull in/push out areas with more/less packing) which I've now been told is quite common in these gutters anyway. The gutters are aluminium, the facia board is Accoya & the fixings are stainless steel so I'm not overly worried about decay any time soon.(y)

How do you know the fascia behind isn’t out? We’ve done loads of gutter jobs where the fascia is distorted or tilted cause the lazy roofers can’t cut things plumb.

Take the gutter off put it on the ground and then get your straight edge on it.

Brett Martin cascade is a decent cast look alike system (they invented it). Will naturally bend to a distorted roof unlike heavy cast.

I fitted the facia & spent quite a bit of time making sure it was bang on as it wasn't exactly cheap stuff! I have put a straight edge to the length of gutter I have not fitted which is the same plus I loosened all fittings to the ones that are up & they retain their shape. It's not the end of the world & I think I might get a slightly better line with some packing hopefully (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back