Wood burner with back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a wood burning fire and connect to my existing system to warm the central heating when lit. I have a combi boiler, is there a way of doing this with a separate tank for venting etc?

Sponsored Links
Go for a stove with SCWS fitted which can be connected to sealed systems. You'll pay more for the stove but less accordingly for the installation. Check out Broseley fires who supply them and can give you details of approved installers.

This is not worth doing unless you are going to use it much of the time. The need to keep the woodburner boiler safe makes for an expensive installation, and this may well compromise the overall efficiency of the combi boiler installation.

Put in a woodburning stove by all means, but make it a heat only model. The heat will circulate through most of the house if you leave internal doors open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back